Tuesday 28 June 2011

This is how I feel. 
Like a snail with one eye peeking out - maybe - depending on how 'safe' it is. Thing is being a snail I attempt to avoid a lot of what is going on within me and around me. I think I am all tucked up and 'safe' in my little shell. I convince myself of this in fact. I don't realise that every hungry bird about me can see me and if they wanted to they could pick me up, take me high in the air and drop me somewhere, smashing my 'safe' house and destroying me (this is a fear I have). I feel that one day I may be like the last snail (in the image below) and not even need my house. I will be my true, authentic self, totally trusting God no longer living in fear. When I am my true self I will not be the scared one eye peeking out terrified snail I feel I am now.



No comments:

Post a Comment